Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Moving Back To Brooklyn: Phase One    

It was as if a million voices all cried out at once...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO



For some reason, that picture says it all to me. Anonymous GM with mustache gives the reins of his underachieving, unimpressive team to a laughingstock manager. The only thing Ned Colletti could have done worse would be to wear a t-shirt that said, "I went to the winter meetings in Dallas, and all I got was an overpaid shortstop and this piece of shit." T-minus-21 months to Grady's firing.

Funny. I was a big Grady defender in the aftermath of his infamous Game 7 blunder. Boy, was I wrong. Now I laugh in his face while spit-shining my World Series ring. But what's funny to me is that the World Series was a big forgiveness party for all the other goats, like Bob Stanley, Bill Buckner, even Roger Clemens. For Grady, though, the World Series was the worst thing that could happen. Instead of "we forgive you," as with the older chokers, the first reaction towards Grady has to be "Told you so! You SUCK." I mean, why forgive him? He's basically the man who stood between us and the World Series, and 2004 was the proof in the pudding. (Did I mention the World Series enough? No, probably didn't. Mention the World Series enough.)

So, Dodgers fans... don't hold your breath...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home