Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

I Got My Groove Back!    

By watching the playoffs! That's right, there's nothing like October baseball to get me to STFU about stupid crap.

What? No! I'm not watching TurdFest 2006! I meant this:



Yeah baby!!! I popped in Game 4 of the ALCS about an hour ago, and I've been watching it for real. For example, just now I saw the last significant hit A-Rod will ever have... his 2-run HR in the 3rd inning. (Of course, the first thing Joe Buck did was segue into the story of the botched A-Rod trade.) And remember... I've never seen actaully Game 4 until now. I refused to watch it at the time, out of protest, so this is a momentous occasion. I get to reverse some bad karma and worse trauma.

It's actually a lot more interesting to watch than I expected. I figured I'd get bored and skip ahead, or that it'd be weird to watch the whole thing, but no. Not in the slightest. In fact, I'm even yelling at the TV. I made it into double-digit F-bombs inside the first couple minutes, even. I couldn't believe it. I'm totally acting like it's a real game. Here's an example of Jeff-to-TV conversation from the first inning:


Joe Buck: Rodriguez... out!
Jeff: Fah Q.
Joe Buck: Sheffield is hitting .692.
Jeff: Hey. Fah Q.
Tim McCarver: Terry Francona said bluh bluh bluh I'm too old to talk
Jeff: FAH Q!!!
Joe Buck: Who could ever forget the famous curse, Babe Ruth used to play here in Boston you know
Jeff: FAH!!! Q!!!
Tim McCarver: Brandon Arroyo knocks the puck through the uprights for a three-pointer! Yay!
Jeff: faaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAH........ Q!


It's a lot closer to verbatim than you'd think.

I haven't decided what to do with discs 1-3 of the set. I thought I might co-opt Simmons' idea, in which case Lehr is about to get a package in the mail. Although, I do need me some coasters. (You might be thinking to yourself, "aaah, those jokes are old." Except for one thing. I'm serious.) Regardless, I'm open to suggestions. If anything beats the coaster idea, I'll do it.

4 Comments:

  • Shove 'em so deep up your ass that they come out as diamonds in about 80 years when the sox win another world series.

    By Blogger Alex, at 9:33 AM  

  • OK but I'm still giving you my ass diamonds. In fact, anything that comes out of my ass over the next 80 years is getting FedExed to you (or your next of kin).

    By Blogger Jeff, at 11:22 AM  

  • Have you watched game 5 yet? It's just as good. I have never gone so crazy over any sporting event than I did over those two games, and no team of mine was even involved. I'm still trying to get my head around what that must have been like for people whose team were actually playing.

    By Blogger Jesse, at 1:17 PM  

  • Ass diamonds is a FANTASTIC team name.

    By Blogger Alex, at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home