Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Baseball America    

OK, so there was a bunch of stuff I meant to post last week, but it didn't happen, and then the Mariners went on a 5 game losing streak, and now I can't remember any of it anyway (except the Jamie Burke thing, which is cool).

But I just read Baseball America's "Prospect Hot Sheet" for the first time, and I thought I would recommend it to people who haven't been looking at it from time to time (as you all may have been doing). It's nice to know which guys are tearing up the minor leagues on a regular basis, instead of just when some blog or another, or even a news organization (or even ESPN), mentions it. Of course, I have an ulterior motive, as the kind words about the man who is rapidly becoming my favorite Mariner (despite incomprehensibly languishing in Tacoma) are pretty... well, kind. Music to my ears, or eyes, or whatever:

"After three straight Hot Sheet appearances, we've run out of superlatives for Jones, the Mariners' top prospect, and criticizing any aspect of his play right now would just be nitpicking."

Any chance that maybe the Mariners should actually start playing him? I mean, don't you think that maybe, just maybe, upgrading from possibly the worst defensive left fielder in the game to center-field caliber defense, in the most spacious left field in baseball, would help out our crappy fly-ball prone rotation? It's not rocket science people.

1 Comments:

  • Ooh, one more thing I forgot from last week. From the Tacoma New Tribune, comes a fantastic quote from Washburn about the one game against the Cubs we actually won:

    Washburn was more than a little giddy afterward.

    "Well, it went 13 innings and I came out after six," the veteran lefty said. "I'll tell you the truth – I had a lot of 'rally beers' up here in the clubhouse."

    By Blogger Jesse, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home