Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Friday, June 17, 2005

And The Best Supporting Actor Oscar Goes To...    

My only sports-related thought of the evening relates to Tom Brady's chameleon-like performance in the Farrelly Brothers film Stuck On You. The movie was OK (it had its moments) but one of the nice moments, in retrospect, was watching Lawyer Milloy digitally enhance Cher's butt on a monitor, to the delight of Brady's multi-pierced, facial-hair-covered character. He really morphed into the role... I'm a huge Pats fan, and I didn't even know it was him until the credits. All I had was this vague feeling like, "those guys are nobody... and yet they seem familiar..." Little did I know that behind those facial piercings and that goofy Vanilla Ice beard stood a two-time Super Bowl MVP.

The movie was pretty dumb, but it still had its moments. It got better as it went along, and by the end I'd had a few belly laughs. Unfortunately, Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear got only one of them. When your comedic leads don't get any laughs, it doesn't matter how well the conjoinment is executed... it just doesn't work. At least the Farrellys improved on their quarterback situation. ("What about Brett Farv-re?")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home