Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

I'm Terribly Vexed    

Joe Girardi appears to have turned down the Orioles job.  Speculation is that he did so because the Orioles didn't make themselves any more attractive than... the Yankees, where he's a likely front-runner to take over for Joe Torre next season, should Torre not re-up.

Doh!

I wasn't happy about Girardi joining the division with the Orioles, so the thought of him taking over with the Yankees is pretty irritating.  He's a good manager.  He'd be an excellent hire.  And that pisses me right off.  I was a lot happier when I thought Don Mattingly would be the post-Torre hire; having forsaken his mustache, the source of all his power, Donnie Baseball would have screwed everything up royal, securing the Red Sox a decent shot at the division for another season or two.  Now it looks like that won't be happening.  Oh well.

1 Comments:

  • Agree on all counts. I'm a huge Torre defender, and want him to leave on his own terms. But should he decide to leave, Girardi's my man for the job.

    Of course, my motto by now should be familiar... ABP.
    Anyone
    But
    Pinella

    By Blogger Alex, at 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home