Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Sid Delicious    


Ok, I love the Randa trade, but would someone please tell me why the hell the Padres would want Sidney Ponson?

I mean, granted Nevin's having a terrible year, and is just old enough to wonder if he's entering the Tino-phase of his career, but I refuse to believe they couldn't have gotten something else in return. Something under 300 lbs, perhaps? What was their thinking, "Well, we didn't feel comfortable with Paul Quantrill as our worst pitcher."

The big winner in all this? The fish taco vendor at Petco.

That said, deep down I'm fearing that they really want to make this move to parlay it into a trade w/the Yankees. Pinstripes are slimming, after all. Would I trade having to see Ponson on the hill every 5 days than seeing Womack (YPOS!) on the field ever again? Hmm....

1 Comments:

  • I like "YPOS!" as a code word. It's not quite "SMDBYT" but it's close.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home