Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

"Ear to ear!"    

A bastardized quote, inspired by the fantastic scene w/Jennifer Connelly to culminate Requiem for a Dream, which describes how big I'm smiling this morning.
Two reasons: I watched the Rangers for the first time since 2003 last night, and they looked fantastic. Jagr potted two sniper one-timers from the top of the zone on power plays, within 45 seconds of each other. The youngins attacked the puck all night and drew a ton of penalties. So many, in fact, that a tiny little voice cried C-O-N spiracy! Could it be that the league has decided to call games tight against Rangers' opponents? Rangers power plays = NY wins, and NY wins = ratings, ratings, RATINGS!
Ok, it's WAY too early to talk about that, but I'll keep it in mind as I watch this year. Especially since Jagr's probably too old to power through people the way he used to, and could benefit from some generous calls against clutchgrabbers.
One last note on the Rangers- either Florida suckssuckssucks (offensively- that Luongo guy is good), or this Ljundquist kid is the shizknight. Weekes? Weak.

But is that why I'm grinning so big this morning? Partly, but not mostly.
Mostly it's due to this sonofabitch being out of my goddamned life forever!
Ding- Dong, the bitch is dead!
I feel like shouting from the rooftops!
Of course, Isaiah is upset that this will break up "the best backcourt in the league", but I gotta say, if you give me a team with 12 tweeners, I too could come up with a backcourt that looks pretty good on paper. On the court? Garbage.

Finally, the Yankees have been given permission to talk w/ Leo Mazzone. I'm not holding my breath, cause this sounds a bit too good to be true. Atlanta would be brain-numbingly stupid to touch the combo they've got at the helm. New York would be equally stupid not to one-up whatever contract Atlanta offers. This guy is worth his weight in championship diamonds. If they sign him, pencil Wang/Chacon/Small in for 14-18 wins apiece next year. That + 35 or so from Johnson/Mussina = AL East Champions, 2006. Ok, maybe I am holding my breath. And yes, I've now jinxed it by talking during the 1st inning of Cashman's Perfect Offseason. Damn.

1 Comments:

  • You're penciling in Wang, Chacon and Small for your rotation. This is better than winning the ALCS.

    But seriously, I can't stress this enough... it's not Wang/Chacon/Small, it's Small/Wang/Johnson. Not to mention Balls-Of-A-Moose-ina. And you ARE trading for Jimmy Gobble.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home