Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Replay!    

1. The call was total BS.  The whole thing about "umps don't overrule each other until there's an appeal" is embarrassing to everyone.  But I guess if it's good enough for the Mafia, it's good enough for umpires.
2. The catcher has no excuse for not doing what every other catcher does in that situation... if it's close to the dirt, always tag the guy just in case.  Game 2 was Exhibit A for why you do that.
3. The complaints about the ump not distinguishing his calls are stupid.  If the game is in the hands of an umpire's STYLE, you mesed up somewhere.
4. I don't play favorites between the two teams, but anything that saves me from a week's worth of ThunderStix is a good thing.
5. Instant replay for all plays except balls and strikes.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again... all sports should have replay.  Nothing is worse than when the officials affect the game.  Nobody likes it, not even officials.  Who should be against this?  Other than Chuck Knoblauch, I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home