Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

What's On My Mind    

This post is saving my eyesight... if I weren't posting, I'd be watching Matt Clement grasp hopelessly with his fastball, like a bar of soap in a prison shower. The only thing keeping me from being upset at him, as I watch him serve Paul Konerko a meatball sub, is ESPN's friendly reminder that Clement is lucky to be alive. (Freakily, he just now got nailed in the leg. Poor guy.) Anyway, here goes.

  • Day One of the Darius Kasparitis Era

  • Defenseman Dale "Gorilla-Looking-MF" Purinton gets a 10-gamer for big-leaguing Bruins rookie goon Colton "No I'm Not, And Stop Asking For His Autograph" Orr in the eye. As the Rangers' senior on-ice consultant Reggie Dunlop would say... "scouts?"

  • This One Writes Itself

  • NBA village idiot Isiah Thomas traded for uninsurable free-agent center Eddy Curry yesterday, ending months of speculation concerning whether Isiah could possibly outdo himself. Now that Isiah has cornered the market on irregular on-court performers, he's now cornering the market on players that insurance companies refuse to insure due to fear of on-court death. Wow. But the real question is... once Curry establishes himself as a 20-10 threat, putting this "court death waiting to happen" crap to rest, how much will Isiah get in return for him from San Antonio? I'm saying a guy on the IL plus a second-round pick in 2009.

  • Rafer Alston to the Rockets

  • Mike James must be some kind of mean MF off the court. The dude can flat-out play basketball, but nobody can trade him fast enough. Now comes the ultimate insult... being traded for a Street Ball legend who is only mildly interested in the NBA. (OK, maybe the ultimate insult is being acquired by Isiah Thomas.) James can be an effective point guard on a crappy team. He doesn't do much with running the offense I guess, but if you're Toronto you don't really care about that anymore... you gotta score points no matter what. Mike James will hit some threes. More importantly, I give Jeff Van Gundy about two weeks before he punches Rafer in the mouth.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home