Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Monday, November 28, 2005

God U Suck: Mr. McFeeley Edition    

I have to admit, I kinda like the Giants this year. I've always liked Tom Coughlin, I prefer Eli to Peyton, and I'm glad to see evidence that Plaxico Burress doesn't suck, and that his inconsistency in Pittsburgh was due to game planning more than to suckage.

That said, listening to this game on the radio made me root against them. The announcers declared the game over before Jay Feely's kick to end regulation, and I believe the three missed FGs that followed were a direct result of their premature celebration. By the end, I was laughing it up at the Giants' misery.

But I think the public mockery of Feely is too much. The three kicks were all 40+ yard attempts, difficult enough to be simply a failure, not a choke. Sure, a good kicker like Feely really should have made either the 40 or the 45, but can they really blame Feely when their offense couldn't get inside the red zone for him? They stuck him with three missable kicks, and he proved it.

You want to point at a guy who sucks, let's stick the spotlight on Matt Bryant. THAT guy choked. He missed a 29-yarder that would've saved the game. Feely's troubles were a little more drawn-out, but I'd be more comfortable with the guy who missed a few from 40+ than the guy who blew it from less than 30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home