Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Shroud of Torino    

Here's a quick summary of what I'm excited to watch at this year's Winter Olympics.

1) Michelle Kwan, the Peyton Manning of Ladies Figure Skating. Well, I would argue that Peyton Manning himself is the Peyton Manning of Ladies Figure Skating, but anyway. The scoop, which I'm sure you've heard, is that Kwan got a free pass through trials because she was injured and, oh yeah, is also the only winter olympian anyone in the U.S. has ever heard of. I'll be on the edge of my seat, awaiting a last-round, crippling fall. I only watch people ice skate for when they fall down (or are slammed to the ice in the case of the NHL). Add to that my love of seeing diminutive athletes bawling their eyes out after a loss (see: Little League World Series), and this one has all the makings of a classic.
















Methinks Igor would have something to say about this.


2) Curling. Yeah, I said it. But nothing says winter like hunkering down with a mug of cinnamon cocoa, some curling, and getting toasted. Nicely toasted.








Hey! Lord Dingleberry! You SUCK!


3) Ski jumping. Cause it looks cool, and I'm constantly aware that some dude might break his neck.

















This shot brought to you by global warming.



4) Luge. Ditto.










We're gonna need an ambulance and a clean pair of pants, STAT.



5) Women's Bobsled. There's just something about four ladies riding a big plastic penis down a chute of ice. Also sometimes they crash.












Get your head out of the gutter.



6) More Curling. Anyone know where we left the Funyuns?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home