Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Jargon + Oops    

JARGON
I have used the same clunky phrase to qualify all of my comments thus far, but feel that the qualifier is so inevitable, in some form, that it demands an explicit reminder.  So, without further ado, my new words:

  • batocaw - acronym representing the phrase "Barring A Trade Of Clement, Arroyo, or Wells."
  • itiatocaw - acronym representing the phrase "If There Is A Trade Of Clement, Arroyo, or Wells."
I will use this word, typically in boldface, as shorthand for the inevitable qualifier on my roster predictions and commetary for the foreseeable future... well, I should say I'll use these words batocaw, and I will not have any need for them itiatocaw.  (See?  It's fun to make shit up on the Internet.)

OOPS
I forgot about our Rule V draftee, Jamie Vermilyea, a right-handed middle relief prospect.  No fastball (88-89), but also throws slider/splitter.  Got hammered in Syracuse (AAA) last season.  While I'm having trouble seeing where his roster spot would be, batocaw, I also had trouble seeing where Adam Stern's roster spot was last season... and yet, here he is.  So who knows.  Room could be made itiatocaw, or if there's a slew of injuries, but otherwise I think they're gonna be shipping this guy back to Toronto.  Then again, I was also the guy penciling Hansen and Delcarmen into our bullpen up until recently, so maybe they really are prepared to hold their breath on their prized prospects.

3 Comments:

  • Jeff- with this post, your VORP has dropped to -1.5

    By Blogger Alex, at 8:29 AM  

  • I don't believe in any of that saber-matrix mumbo-jumbo. I judge talent with my eyes.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 9:53 AM  

  • jibber jabber jibber jabber jibber jabber jibber jabber!

    By Blogger Alex, at 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home