Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Opening Day    

Didn't get to see much of the Sox yesterday.  I got home around 4:30 and caught the tail end of the game, but it was well in hand by then.  Still, I managed to catch some good intelliinformation

* Schilling looked like Schilling, Papelbon looked like Schilling, and Foulke looked like Calvin Schiraldi.  Foulke may need a few games to get the kinks out, but I'm OK with that.  Let him get his confidence back.  I just hope the Fenway Faithful (read: douche bags) give him a break, because the booing clearly bothered him last year.

* Coco made a nifty grab in center field to bail out Foulke.

* Mike Lowell lucked into a HR on a hanging breaking ball, but 19 more of those and his acquisition is a success.  He's replacing the production of either Kevin Millar or Bill Mueller, so he doesn't need to be Mike Lowell in order to succeed.

Other observations from the day:

* Jimmy Rollins kept his streak alive by nailing a 3-0 pitch down the line.  Good for him.

* A-Rod also kept his streak alive.  He still sucks.

* Derek Lowe was getting booed so badly that Grady Little, coming out to yank him, got cheers.  You know you suck when you make Grady Little look good.  But to paraphrase Jason "Phat Buds" Mewes, goddamn this was one wacky baseball game.  You know, typical Chavez Ravine pitchers' duel, 11-10 Atlanta.  If I was Bobby Cox, I'd be... well, I'd probably be drunk, but I'd also be concerned that my ace (Tim Hudson) just coughed up a stinker to the friggin Dodgers.  Would Leo Mazzone ever allow that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home