Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sonics Savior?    

First, I'd like to apologize for failing to acknowledge that we finally signed Chris Wilcox to a very reasonable 3-year, $19.5 million deal, with incentives that could push that up to $24 mil. I was starting to worry this might not happen, and with all the distractions about the sale of the team and everything, this is a very welcome move. Anyway, I'm very excited about Wilcox, though apparently his defense is still a question mark. We'll see, but I think this is huge.

Secondly, I would like to thank Supersonics Soul for pointing me to this priceless Wilcox quote:

“There is always going to be somebody who is hating on you. They hated on Jesus, so I can’t say they won’t hate on me.”

Indeed they did, Chris. And I hope to hear more about it soon. Glad you'll be sticking around.

1 Comments:

  • I saw this and had two reactions:

    1) Glad the Sonics kept him, b/c he's going to go bananas now that he's got a chance to play.
    2) Glad he played well enough, post-trade, to justify that much money. Although, these are the people who signed these two guys.

    Anyway, well done by Sonics.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home