Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

MLB predictions for '09    

AL East:
Boston
TB (WC)
NYY (leading to the firing of Girardi and hiring of (gulp) Sweet Lou)
Toronto
Glorioles

Al Central:
Minnesota
KC
Cleveland
Detroit
Chicago Sox

Al West:
Anaheim
Oakland
Texas
Seattle

NL East:
Philly
NYMets (WC)
Florida
Atlanta
Washington

NL Central:
ChiCubs
Cardinals
Cinci
Milwaukee
Pitt
Houston

NL West:
LA
AZ
SFO
Col
San Diego (incl. june fire sale)

WORLD SERIES OF THE WORLD: Boston over Philly, in 6 games, leading to me having a whole new reason to loathe Boston, and multiple homicides along Broad Street.

Top MVP candidates:
AL: Yook, Perdooia, Teix (darkhorse - Mariano)
NL: Utley, Pooholes, Manny (darkhorse - Lincecum)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • April Fools!!!

    By Blogger Jeff, at 10:47 AM  

  • Ok, so the Boston over Philly prediction was kinda a joke, but the rest is more or less how I feel the season will play out.

    By Blogger Alex, at 3:37 PM  

  • I am comfortable predicting that the Phillies won't repeat. They don't seem like the type of team that would. I could see them winning again soon, but not this year. If they trade for Jeter, however, I guarantee a repeat, because he's a born leader who personifies winning. (Still 4/1...)

    I am also comfortable predicting that Girardi gets axed by August 15th.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 5:16 PM  

  • My picks:

    ALE:
    Same, though I think Toronto will look good for the first few months then fall off.

    ALC:
    Cleveland
    Chicago
    Minnesota (although I think the difference between Chicago and Minnesota will be marginal)
    Detroit (would like to see them finish last)
    KC

    ALW:
    LAA
    Oakland (I'd really like to pick them to finish first, but just couldn't)
    Texas
    Seattle (so...same)

    NLE:
    NYM
    Philly
    Atlanta
    Florida
    Washington

    NLC:
    ChC
    St. Louis
    Houston
    Cincinnati
    Milwaukee (this seems pretty low for them. Probably the pick I feel the least good about).
    Pitt

    NLW:
    AZ (I had LA here and was writing my "I'd like to pick AZ, but can't" paragraph. Considering that LA may have a full year of Manny and Furcal, improvement from young pitching and improvement at 2B (while hurting AZ there), it's hard to pick against them. Plus, I had thought AZ had overperformed, although the BP pythags from last year indicate otherwise. But I'm not a huge fan of LA's pitching and I think some young players from AZ are going to step up a bit this year).
    LAD
    Colorado
    San Francisco
    San Diego (and I agree on the fire sale)

    By Blogger chas, at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home