Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Best Idea Ever    

EA Games, if you're reading... make this happen.  You know the Yankees would license it, they'll do anything for money.  Just like A-Rod's mother.  I'm SO ready for this game right now.  Since my last post, I have completely lost it.  A pennant race game was decided by a AA outfielder (Bubba) homering off of a AA pitcher?!?  Yeah, that's what September baseball is all about, you fucking morons.  In fact, I'm officially in favor of repealing September call-ups.

But back to the issue at hand.  Some of you may know that I once attempted to write something more substantial than my typical 1500-word experimental emails.  Over the summer of 2002, I actually concentrated on my writing for three months (read: until I ran out of money).  Over that period, the most constructive idea I came up with was a serial murderer mystery in which a completely sane Red Sox fan was murdering the Yankees one by one.  I never came up with a title, but I would have sold it as "Se7en meets Bang The Drum Slowly."  Anyway, I outlined the first 10 chapters or so, and even wrote the prologue... but it made John Grisham look like Marcel Proust by comparison.  So I went back to programming, and here I am.

What's my point?  Everyone in Yankee Stadium getting knocked off zombie-style is, if not a particularly humane or savory idea, an extremely commercial one.  If you can make billions of dollars off of dead hookers and L.A. gangbangs, why not apply that same concept to the Yankees?

1 Comments:

  • I dunno about denying september callups, but what I do know is that nothing says Yankee Stadium like dead hookers.

    By Blogger Alex, at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home