Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Monday, September 12, 2005

NHL to bail out N.O.    

Sorry for the terrible pun, but here's an idea:

N'Orleans is f'ed. This is clear.

Government response to the crisis has ranged from nonexistent to laughably bad to deplorably incompetent. What this needs is a strong, capable leader, a la Rudy Giuliani. At least, that's what
CNN keeps telling me. I wouldn't know.

But what I do know is this... the greatest leader in the history of sports has some free time.

That's right. Mess. Ol' Baldy himself is hanging 'em up.

And if I had been stuck in the middle fo a hurricane-rocked hellzone where not even Thunderdome rules apply, I can think of no one I'd rather have with me than Captain Mark. He'd have lashed some corpses together, ripped off some moulding to use for oars, and declared, "We'll eat tonight," before leading us off to loot the nearest Wal-Mart.

Too bad he wasn't around to TCOB, in the words of BTO. But it's not too late. Dubya, send him down there to bitchslap those DHS lackeys into shape.

1 Comments:

  • I can see it now... "You did a good job, Messie."

    Given that Messier has a clean track record, I think you'll sooner see Marty McSorley, Todd Bertuzzi, or Craig MacTavish with a Cabinet post.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home