Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Good night, sweet prick    

So Scott Stevens has officially retired.
This brings to an end the career of probably the best defenseman I've ever seen (apologies to Brian Leech and Ray Borque). More importantly, I've spent the majority of my life hating on him relentlessly. And I can finally admit that it was only because he anchored the Devils, who are, to steal a phrase from salon.com's King Kaufman, #2 in the complicated calculus of team's I root against. Scott Stevens was the greatest I've seen, and I can lay down the hate sling and acknowledge his pimposity.
Good on ya, Scott.

And speaking of Scott, with Niedermayer now a Duck, I just don't know who to hate on New Jersey. I dodged a bullet when they didn't sign the Dark Lord of the Apocalypse. I just don't know what to believe anymore, except that the Flyers still suck.

P.S. For a hint as to who holds the #1 spot in teams I root against, click here. Boston fans, get ready to be surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home