Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Monday, March 06, 2006

What's That Fishy Smell?    

[sniff sniff] Oh, it's just Coach K as usual.  What an ultra-maroon.

Now let's break this down.  At this point, we all recognize this as just another a lame Patriots-style motivational tool.  Furthermore, Coach K knows that we know that, and probably does realize how BS it all is, but doesn't care whether we think he's full of it because he also knows we won't like him, or his team of goody-goody pussies, no matter what any of them do.  These are known quantities, and are therefore no surprise to the four people who read this blog.

So why does this bother me so much?  Because impressionable young kids read this crap!  They learn that lying and playing dumb is not just acceptable, but preferable!  How amoral is that???  I don't want my kids growing up thinking that excuse-making and up-front disingenuity is OK as long as you spin it correctly.  It's not.  I don't want Coach K anywhere near my kids.  He gets the Michael Jackson treatment when it comes to the Doucette family, that's for goddamn sure.

Anyway, all this makes me wonder... where on the "I'm Tortured On The Inside, Because My Kid Turned Out To Be A ______, But I'm Required To Love Him/Her Unconditionally" scale would "proud Duke alum" rank?  After assembling the list, it looks a lot more favorabe than I would have guessed.  From order of most-to-least bearable...

* lawyer
* scat fetishist
* Duke alum
* conservative pundit
* crack addict
* Republican crackhead Duke Law alum with a scat fetish
* born-again Christian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home