Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Arenas Finally Explains Himself    

The mystery of why Gilbert Arenas hates the Celtics so much has finally been solved:

"That pain from the Celtics is still in my blood," says Arenas, who added eight rebounds, eight assists and four steals. "When they said they'd pick me with the 10th or 11th pick, they got my hopes all high. I usually hold a grudge for that."

And you know what?  I totally agree.  Allow me to do not just a 180, but a 540, on Mr. Arenas.  I now approve whole-heartedly of his anti-Celtic antics.  This is news to pretty much everyone in Boston.  It explains absolutely everything... well, maybe not his hatred for Doc Rivers, but hey, who doesn't have a good reason to hate Doc Rivers?  Maybe Doc said something stupid on TNT when Gil was a youngun.  Anyway, in honor of Gil's validation, allow me to present, once again, the double-deuce.

I don't think anyone can defend the morons in charge of the 2001 draft.  When a draft goes so poorly that Red fucking Auerbach gets shut out of the Celtics' brain trust, you know it was bad.  Who needs Tony Parker or Gilbert Arenas when you could have Kedrick Brown and Joe Forte?  Even the one success, Joe Johnson at #10, was wasted by trading him for Rodney Rogers and Tony Delk... Rogers never re-signed, and Delk spent the next season showing the Celtics why he keeps getting traded.  Just thinking about that draft makes me want to barf.

(Aside: the Spurs' two best players, Parker and Tim Duncan, should both, by all rights, be wearning green.  Albeit for different reasons, but still.  Just sayin'.  I mean seriously, how the hell did the Spurs win that lottery?!?  Anyone who thinks NBA teams don't tank it in order to win the lottery, I present exhibit A: the 96-97 Spurs.  Injuries my ass.  I'll never respect Gregg Popovich as a coach, just because of that season.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home