Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Monday, April 09, 2007

File under: Couldn't they set the Cuyahoga on fire and melt the snow?    

Old and busted: New Orleans
New hotness: Cleveland.

Seriously- The Cleveland Indians will host the California Angels in Milwaukee. For the record, Milwaukee and Cleveland ain't exactly the twin cities. Of course, they play in California May 8-10, so they could have simply switched the site for the two series, but that would have made WAY too much sense. Yep. Enjoy your 435 mile ride, Wahoo fans.

Of course, if one of the Indians hits a tater and we get to see a dude in a giant Chief Wahoo costume impersonate Bernie Brewer, all will be forgiven.
Just kidding. Cleveland, you want my sympathy? Toss this guy into the river and never look back.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • Wait a minute... you mean the commissioner elected to have the team HE OWNS collect the concession profits for the Angels-Indians series instead of the Angels? Get the fuck outta here!

    But you bring up an excellent point concerning Bernie Brewer. If I may digress for a moment, I was always jealous of the kids who had the plastic marble-slide kits. The kits of interlocking slides, with which you could build these elaborate paths down which a marble will roll, jump, fall, spiral and so forth. Never had them myself, always wanted some. Bernie Brewer's beer slide taps (sorry) into that same sense of excitement. The more Bernie I have in my life, the better. If every park had a Bernie, I'd be a happy fellow.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 1:55 PM  

  • The Selig family do NOT own the Brewers. The team was sold a few years ago.

    By Blogger Dave, at 4:31 PM  

  • re: marble slide...
    I had a set like that- a bunch of wooden blocks bored out to make a path for the marbles. It sucked. The slightest nudge would break the slide, and the marble itself was heavy enough to create such a nudge.
    So, marble slide = great concept, poor execution (at least the set I had).

    By Blogger Alex, at 8:51 AM  

  • I had the plastic slide set -- I think it was called Marbleworks. That thing was awesome. There was a science museum in Seattle that had a really big, elaborate version that you could play with, and I remember really digging that.

    By Blogger Gabe, at 10:12 AM  

  • for the record...
    gabe's awesome toy = http://rochester.kidsoutandabout.com/main-articles/marbleworks.jpg

    yes?

    my sucky toy =
    http://www.brightminds.co.uk/products/images/large/K4338.jpg

    By Blogger Alex, at 10:30 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Alex, at 10:31 AM  

  • That's the one.

    By Blogger Gabe, at 11:13 AM  

  • Yes! That's it. When I have kids, they're getting like eight of them shits.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home