Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Quickies    

  • Gabe Kapler was robbed of a home run tonight by four blind men.  As a result, I now firmly believe in a) beating Derryl Cousins into a fine paste, and b) instant replay on any ball in the field of play that, when ruled incorrectly, costs a team either a run or an out.  I mean, it's not like you're going to affect the flow of the game... baseball moves glacially at best, so the occasional replay shouldn't cause too much trouble.

  • Good news: LWs Sergei Samsonov and P.J. Axelsson finally signed with the Bruins.  Bad news: they signed their qualifying offers, so they will be UFAs next year, and the B's can go through this crap all over again.
  • 2 Comments:

    • Addendum: the fact that the Sox won 16-5 despite having the solo HR taken away is proof that the ball never lies. Well, it never lies anymore. (See item #1. As if you had to guess which item I meant.)

      By Blogger Jeff, at 10:52 AM  

    • I just wanted to state for the record that I am 100% against instant replay in baseball in any circumstances. I won't go into it fully, but it has nothing to do with the flow of the game argument. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty much against it in all sports. Makes everything seem litigious somehow. You play the game, and don't complain when the calls don't go your way. Of course, if I'd been on the wrong end of #1 and #6 on that list, I might feel differently.

      By Blogger Alex, at 8:33 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home