Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Respect    

I just want to say that I feel this blog has been disrespected by the national media.  Nobody gives us a chance to post interesting material, nobody thinks we can do it, but that's OK, because it drives us.  We relish the role of the underdog.  It's us against the world, and we're out to prove something to all the naysayers out there.

oh, get over yourself


I'm sick of this act.  It's one thing to say it privately... whatever drives your team, go right ahead and think it.  But why feed this crap to the rest of us?  It only works when you actually are the underdog.  Jacksonville is friggin 12-4, and playing against a Pats team that has been unreliable all season long... they have the right to come out and talk about a lack of respect.  But Tom Brady?  N***a please.  Though perhaps bitching and moaning about respect until everyone hates you (everyone who didn't already, of course) is just a clever way of turning it into "us against the world" for real.  Either way it's really, really stupid.

1 Comments:

  • Yeah that's bad.

    Then again, if they think they're 12-4, that can still be dangerous. I don't think JAX is a bad team at all. I am appropriately worried about them. I really like Leftwich, and Jimmy Smith is a big mismatch for the secondary. So I'm not convinced it will be a drubbing. I think the Pats will win, but I expect it to be a lot harder than people assume. (Contrary to the story, the Pats ARE getting respect. They're already being penciled in for Indianapolis.)

    By Blogger Jeff, at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home