Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Game: Week 2    



So I thought it might be fun to take a look at the weekly pitching matchups, and make a recommendation- if you were to watch only one baseball game this week, which would it be? How often would it live up to the hype? How often would it be on national TV? How often would it be announced by a member of the three-headed hydra of suck that is McCarver/Buck/Morgan?

This week's there's an obvious choice:

Tomorrow night (Wednesday, 4/11) , 7:05, ESPN.
Daisuke (1-0) vs. Felix (1-0).
aka Red Sox (3-3) hosing Mariners (2-1)

Mute out Joe Morgan, pop a cold one, and enjoy.

For future weeks, i'll go with Monday-Sunday, and make the pick on Monday mornings, assuming I remember/get around to it. I haven't quite figured out how to overcome the fact that you can't always predict the pitching matchups 5-7 days in advance, so leave a comment if you've got an idea about that.

And yes, I'm mostly doing this as a way to set priorities for my baseball watching, so I don't waste a night watching Kei Igawa "battle" Sidney Ponson the night before Sandy Kaufax comes back and dukes it out with recently-called-up Jose Canseco.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • By "battle" you must mean "escape his clutches and knock the utensils from his free hand."

    I didn't realize Daisuke was going up against King Felix. That'll be incredible. I'm even more pumped now.

    I call on Boston's world-famous hospitality workers to deliver a pyramid of bacon cheeseburgers, and a jar of mayonnaise, to Felix's hotel room. Stat!

    By Blogger Jeff, at 3:34 PM  

  • Well, I'll go out on a limb and say that one lived up to the billing. So far I'm 1 for 1.

    By Blogger Alex, at 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home