Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Note to self:    

watch more hockey.

I'm currently watching Flyers/Caps, in intermission preparing for the 2nd OT, and good lord. Somehow in the last 5 years of paying approximately 0 attention to hockey, I had forgotten that there really is NOTHING in sports more awesome than playoff overtime. It's like crack for the sports fan. I've been sitting here the past 20 minutes or so, sporting the Aardsma face, unable to speak. Just giddy.

And with the Rangers playing well, what the hell have I been missing?

Total side note, unrelated to everything - I shelled out for the 17 game pack season tix for the Phillies this year, and after 2 visits to the stadium, I have 2 walkoff wins under my belt, one in the 9th, one in the 10th. Gonna be a long, awesome season.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Thank you for reminding me.

    The first round of the NHL playoffs has been everything you'd want. Tons of OT games... a few upset attempts out west... Steve Ott scoring a friggin goal... HUGE comebacks by the likes of the Caps and Predators... everything within reach. (Except the Pittsburgh-Ottawa series, thank God. Ottawa's ineptitude goes down smoother than a glass of Chateau Lafite Rothschild. Not that I've had one.)

    So yes... what the hell have you been doing?!? IT'S ALL ON VERSUS, EVERYONE HAS IT AND KNOWS WHERE IT IS ON TEH DIALZ!!!!!

    By Blogger Jeff, at 10:43 PM  

  • Also, the Rangers look damn impressive. Lundqvist = hot goalie of the playoffs thus far... bodes well for the preseason's presumptive Cup contenders...

    By Blogger Jeff, at 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home