Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Oh, It Gets Better...    

Now I hear from Jayson Stark (he gave me a shout on the celly) that the Sox were ready to send Pawtucket C Kelly Shoppach and backup OF Adam Stern to Colorado for developing-at-glacial-speed OF Larry Bigbie, before Theo came to his senses.  Thank God for that.  Precisely how in the hell was this ever a good idea???  Stern may be underdone, as many Rule V guys tend to be, but Shoppach is a commodity, and they need to get more than this in exchange for him.  Bigbie has had all kinds of chances over the last few seasons to establish himself in Baltimore, and he hasn't.  I mean, who was in his way?  Luis Matos?  Come on!!!  He's a classic case of a physical specimen who tempts scouts with his potential, but never lives up to it.  Even if he does make good, what's his projected ceiling?  Trot Nixon?  We already have one of him, and he's more than enough, thanks.  That's all we net for our primo catching prospect?!?  Yet another low-power lefthanded bat who needs to sit against lefties?  I may be wrong about him, but I'll take my chances, and mea-culpify in the unlikely event of his selection for the All-Star team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home