Postgame Spread
You guys hangin' out? I'll hang out.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I've got a love chaser for that pint of haterade, Jeff    

Big Sal is back.
You may recall, last season, Sal stormed onto the Philadelphia fan scene, garnering heroic status for his workman-like approach to the game and his everyman attitude. He was Philadelphia. Fans were growing hair where there was no hair before. He was sending pizzas up to his loyal fans in the 300 level. Chants of "You Got Stached" could be heard throughout the crowd after each of his vision-defying throws to second.

Sal, Hero

Then, he was traded, unceremoniously and without adequate explanation, to the Yankees. The YANKEES! The team that thinks workman-like is something reserved for their gardeners and fluffers. Fans in Philly were heartbroken, and the chants turned to anger, "You're no Fasano!"


Sal, Sad.

Suffice to say, Sal didn't exactly fit in in NYC, and was cut after the season ended.

Sal, Corporate Shill

And now, Big Sal is back in our lives, albeit up in Toronto.
I hear they dig bears up there.
All is well again in the universe.


Welcome back, big guy. You've been missed.






Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I hate YOUUUU... I hate YOUUUUU... I don't even KNOW you, but I hate ya gutsssssss

    I hope that all the bad things in life happen to you, and nobody else... but YOUUUUUUU

    And as I sip my soda, that I'm sure somebody spit in, I'd just like to say... kiss my ass, you rotten mothafuckas.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 2:15 PM  

  • jeff, on the weekend, you do stunts for Little Richard in gay movies.

    By Blogger Alex, at 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home